Thursday, November 1, 2007

Featured Etsy Artist ~ FancyFreeMe




I have another featured artist today. The coolest thing about this is finding all these neat shops! This is Fancy Free Jewelry Designs. You can check out her etsy shop and her blog too.

I really like this shop and the "uniqueness" of it. I most likely will be picking up a thing here or there for the holidays...and have an eye on that necklace for myself!

Here is a bit about the artist Deanna Roux from her profile.

"I can't help it! Creative juice runs through me. I love to create! Among my original works of art are: written works (poetry, short stories, children's stories), glass murals, wall murals, acrylic paintings, watercolor paintings, collage art, tile paintings, storybooks and jewelry (my favorite wearable art).

My most treasured original pieces of art are my two children (okay, my husband had something to do with that) who are pretty creative people as well -- in drawing, painting, dancing, music, writing and in humor.

I make what I love. I only use the best materials I can get my hands on. I use sterling silver, glass, seashells, natural stones and leather. I go crazy when it's time to replenish my stock because it's so fun to mentally design new pieces as I shop.

Perfectionist, passionate, picky -- choose your descriptor. I make sure everything I create is something I love and something I would be happy with if I were the buyer. I have a pile of pricey "duds" that did not pass muster. But I have decided being particular is not such a bad thing after all! Because once you hold your new piece in your hands, you will feel the workmanship, the passion and the patience that each piece exudes."

Etsy has such talented people!!!

1 comment:

Deanna Roux said...

Thank you for such a lovely feature on me and my shop KreativeMindz! -Deanna